Support the blog
A one time donation to help fund the blog and associated materials
- 6 rashers of Bacon (roughly chopped)
- 1 leek (roughly chopped)
- 2 sticks of celery (roughly chopped)
- 1.5L chicken stock (any stock will work)
- 300g Dried split peas
- Handful of wild garlic (finely 3chopped)
- 2 tsp fresh mint (roughly chopped)
Melt some butter in a large pan or cauldron.
Add the bacon and cook for a few minutes, until starting to brown. Add the leeks and celery and fry for a few minutes.
Pour in the stock and add the peas, garlic and mint.
Bring to a boil and simmer for about an hour, until reduced by a third and the peas are soft. If necessary top up with more water.
Taken from my book ‘Eat like a Viking!’ Available now on Amazon