Support the blog
A one time donation to help fund the blog and associated materials
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 500g diced Venison
- 500ml beef or venison stock
- 1 Leek (sliced)
- 2 parsnips (sliced)
- 2 sticks of Celery (sliced)
- 1 Turnip (diced)
- Handful of roughly chopped Kale
- Splash of Elderberry wine or red wine
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- 1 stick of Cinnamon
Heat a little butter in a large pan or cauldron. Add the onion and fry for a few minutes, to soften.
Add the venison, stock, veg, wine & herbs, bring to a boil, and simmer for about 2 hours., topping up with more water if necessary.
Remove the bay, rosemary and cinnamon and serve immediately.
Taken from my book ‘Eat like a Viking!’ Available now on Amazon