Support the blog
A one time donation to help fund the blog and associated materials
- A knob of Butter
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 sticks of celery (finely chopped)
- 2 white or purple carrots (finely chopped)
- 2 large handfuls of young nettle tops (finely chopped)
- 1 large handful of wild garlic leaves (finely chopped)
- 1L stock
- 3 tablespoons of full fat milk or cream
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Heat the butter in a pan. Add the onion and cook for several minutes, until softening.
Add the celery, carrots, nettles, wild garlic and stock.
Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Stir in the milk and serve with crusty sourdough bread.
Taken from my book ‘Eat like a Viking!’ Available now on Amazon